Guild Hosting .org, TERMS OF SERVICE
DnS Web Solutions Inc. provides Guild Hosting and its related services ("Service") subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions ("Terms of Service") set forth below.
DnS Web Solutions Inc. reserves the right to update and modify the Terms of Service at any time without notice. New features that may be added to the Service shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Should you continue to use the Service after any such modifications have been made, this shall constitute your agreement to such modifications. You may always view the most recent copy of the Terms of Service here
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your account. While DnS Web Solutions Inc. prohibits such conduct and content on the service, you understand and agree that DnS Web Solutions Inc. cannot be responsible for the content posted on the service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the service at your own risk.
1. You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
2. You must provide a valid email address and date of birth to complete the sign-up process.
3. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. We recommend that your password be 8 or more characters in length use a combination of numbers and letters with some uppercase and for extra security use special characters like #&?$!@*$.
Examples of a Secure Password: “P!Ay3Rs#0fGa” “$Ts0&di9M”
Examples of Insecure Passwords: “Fred88” “daveswebsite”
We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
4. You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account/website.
5. You may not use the service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
1. A valid credit card or PayPal is required for subscriptions.
2. The service is billed in advance on a 1-month, 3-month, 6-month and 1 year plans and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, or refunds for months unused with an open subscription. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
3. For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
4. Downgrading your service may cause the loss of content, features or capacity of your site. DnS Web Solutions Inc. does not accept any liability for such loss.
Modifications to the service and prices
1. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
2. We reserve the right to change our monthly fees upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the our website (www.guildhosting.org) or the service itself.
3. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of any service for any reason.
Cancellation and Termination
1. You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your subscription. An email or phone request to cancel your subscription is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your subscription at any time by returning to www.paypal.com , www.alertpay.com or www.2checkout.com and logging in to your account. We are not responsible for overdraft of your account for any reason it is your responsibility to cancel ALL Active Subscriptions.
2. Your site will be immediately set to 'inactive' upon cancellation. Users are not able to login to inactive sites.
3. If you cancel the subscription before the end of your current paid time period, your cancellation will take effect at the end of your current paid up month and you will not be charged again.
4.Guild Hosting, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the service, or any other service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the service will result in the deactivation or deletion or your account and/or your website and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Copyright and Content Ownership
1. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the service. Your profiles, forum posts and other content (Content means text and images you have added to the site) remain yours. Any of your content, which is publicly viewable, you agree to allow others to view and share. All the Joomla templates, modules, components, plugins, CSS files, JS files and ALL other programming/files ARE NOT PART OF THE CONTENT and are the property of DNS Web Solutions Inc. and their rightful owners/creators only.
2. We reserve the right at any time to refuse or remove any content that is available via the service.
3. You must leave our branding intact unless you have paid the $120.00 per year extra for an unbranded site.
4. Nightly Back-Ups and Restores, all backups are internally handled by our Rackspace team and the backups are run once daily and this includes the website files and databases for every site on every server, these files are not accessible in anyway.
If a restore is ever required we handle all aspects of the restore process and we are able to restore only the needed tables of “Your Database” that are affected or corrupted. We DO NOT PROVIDE MYSQL dumps. Restore files are kept for 14 days so if a restore is ever required it is "YOUR" responsibility to contact us in a timely manner or you run the risk of losing a viable backup copy of your site.
You are able to customize the site to your liking; you can move/hide modules, publish/un-publish new articles, upload images, make/hide menu buttons, edit the CSS files for the templates and create new user modules and widgets for embedding custom code into your site and much more.
You have access to the Joomla Template manager where you are able to update the .HTML and .CSS files of your sites template (All guildhosting.org branding MUST remain intact unless you have ordered and paid for our un-branded option).
You can easily change your sites look using the Template Manager controls for your site. All existing template versions can easily be changed by using the dropdown selector in this area of your site. While editing the .HTML and .CSS files does require some knowledge and if you do not posses this knowledge we can customize this for you on a per job basis.
Our team will create a custom logo based from the default template for your game, if you desire you can create your own custom logo and use that instead.
While we do support our sites “Customization of your site” by our team is NOT included with any hosting plan we offer, if you wish you are able to hire us to customize your site further.
Cost for customization is $11.25 per 15 minutes and you can order this from our web store. We recommend that you contact us first to explain exactly what updates and changes you want done to your website then we can let you know the approximate amount of time required to complete your requests (All estimates are approximate).
Custom work can take from 3 – 5 business days on average to be completed once we have received your information and payment for each job.
1. Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
2. Technical support is provided through our forums, Skype, Phone and by e-mail.
3. You agree not to resell, duplicate, reproduce or exploit any part of the service or it's templates/designs without the express written permission of Guild Hosting.
4. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the service/templates, use of the service, or access to the service without the express written permission by Guild Hosting.
6. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the service, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. ZERO TOLLERANCE FOR SPAMMERS, You may not use the service to store, host, or send unsolicited email (spam) or SMS messages. Spammers will have all accounts disabled, immediate forfeit of all monies and we will report you to the authorities.
8. YOU MUST NOT TRANSMIT ANY WORMS OR VIRUSES OR ANY CODE OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE. All accounts will be disabled, immediate forfeit of all monies and we will report you to the authorities.
9. If your bandwidth usage exceeds your package, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your service until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
10. Guild Hosting does not warrant that:
- The service will meet your specific requirements.
- The service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- The results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- The quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
- Any errors in the Service will be corrected.
11. Guild Hosting, its affiliates and its sponsors are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to your use of or lack of use of the service for any reason. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service is to stop using the Service.
12. The failure of Guild Hosting to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Guild Hosting and govern your use of the Service, overruling any prior agreements between you and Guild Hosting (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).